I know the elections are behind us.. but this is too delicious to pass..
The Clinton Foundation has finally released their list of contributors, and here are some of the more interesting findings:
- Blackwater, the mercenary group in Iraq (and other places) donated upwards of $25K to the Foundation
- The Saudi government also donated $25K, but private contributions from other Saudi individuals and corporations come closer to $500K
- Kuwait, Qatar, Brunei and Oman gave $1 million to $5 million each.
- Saudi businessman Nasser Al-Rashid gave $1 million to $5 million.
- Friends of Saudi Arabia and the Dubai Foundation each gave $1 million to $5 million
- Harold Snyder, director for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, the largest drug company in Israel. His son, Jay T. Snyder, serves on the U.S. Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy, which oversees State Department activities, and served as a senior U.S. adviser to the United Nations, where he worked on international trade and poverty. Jay Snyder donated between $100,000 and $250,000 to the foundation.
- Issam Fares, a former deputy prime minister of Lebanon, donated close to $100,000
- TV producer Haim Saban and his family foundation, who donated between $5 million and $10 million, splits his time between homes in Israel and California. "I'm a one-issue guy and my issue is Israel," he told The New York Times in 2004.
- Slim-Fast diet foods tycoon S. Daniel Abraham, a donor of between $1 million and $5 million, has been a board member of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, which promotes Israel's interests before the U.S. government. (I'm so ready to give up on my diet now)
and many more.. for a complete list, go to: http://www.clintonfoundation.org/contributors
Now, keep in mind that most of the money goes to charity, particularly the fight against AIDS, famine and poverty... while some goes towards the Clinton library in Arkansas..
Still, you have to wonder, what favors did the Clintons have to provide in return? and now that Hillary is about to head the state department, how are these revelations going to affect policy?
What assurances do we have that there will be a complete separation between the work of the foundation, Bill, and Hillary?