Friday, September 18, 2009

A Match Towards Normalization?



For all the negative press Al Jazeera gets in US circles, little attention is given to the recent news about the network's plans to carry Israeli sports on their sister network: Al Jazeera Sports.

A match of the European Champions League that has the Israelis playing Munich will be broadcast, leading the Israeli daily Yedioth Ahronoth to suggest that a “new Middle East” has started to emerge.

Note that is not the first attempt by an Arabic network to cover Israeli teams, Nile Sport, the Egyptian government run network did feature a volley ball game about a year ago between an Israeli team and an Egyptian one. However, that ended in a mess as the Egyptian team captain tore up an Israeli flag in front of cheering crowds.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

DOWNLOAD $12,234 in 2 months Betting App?

Let me say it straight.

I don't care about sports. Shame on me but I don't even know the football rules.

I tried every thing from stocks & forex to internet marketing and affiliate products.. I even made some money but then lost it all when the stock market went south.

I think I finally found it. Download Today!